Benefits of Being a McNair Scholar
The Benefits of Being a McNair Scholar
- EKU McNair scholars receive personalized, one-on-one academic performance reviews from higher education professionals.
- EKU McNair Scholars receive scholarly skills coaching from program professionals and EKU PhD faculty members.
- EKU McNair scholars receive graduate school application assistance from career and graduate school development professionals and from academic consultants in the EKU Noel Studio for Academic Creativity.
- EKU McNair scholars receive scholarly mentoring from EKU PhD faculty members who are accomplished researchers.
- EKU McNair scholars are eligible to receive an EKU scholarship.
- EKU McNair scholars attend small group graduate school preparation workshops and seminars for McNair scholars only.
- EKU McNair scholars may earn up to $3,000 when they successfully complete an EKU McNair Summer Research Opportunity Program Internship.
- EKU McNair scholars receive graduate school application fee waivers from top graduate school across the nation.
- EKU McNair scholars may receive lucrative McNair-specific graduate assistantships and fellowships from select graduate programs.
- EKU McNair scholars develop the knowledge and skill set that makes them relevant to the scholarly aims of top graduate programs.
- EKU McNair scholars are recruited by some of the best graduate programs in the nation.
- With only two federally-funded McNair Scholars Program in the state of Kentucky, it is a unique and rewarding opportunity to be an EKU McNair scholar!